24 February 2005

A game called Chrono Cross

Chrono Cross is. the. best. rpg. i have ever. played. It's my first true rpg and the first one i've managed to complete. while others cud say that their fave rpg is final fantasy 7 or sumthin', chrono cross changed my life!

to tell you the truth, i got to play chrono cross really by accident. well, technically speaking, my first rpg was an unknown game called Shadow Madness(ooo...im ashamed). it was to me at the time sooo compelling(i didn't know what to do with the items and powers in the game being a newbie in rpg!) that I got around to the 2nd cd only to find that the cd contains no data. So i exchanged it for chrono cross and boy was it for the better!. Gosh i couldn't imagine playing Shadow Madness which was way way down below in terms of lots of things compared to chrono cross.

I've finished playing chrono cross way back when im still in high skool. You have to admit that the game intro and the music that accompanied it was magical and nothing you had ever seen before! to me the intro itself is enuff to warrant playing it thru to the end! Everytime before i start playing, i would see the whole intro just to get my spirits up! What i liked most about it is the storyline; it's full of adventure and traversing thru different dimensions in the game felt epic. and the characters u meet along the way are all very memorable and delightful. and like most rpgs, the turn based combat is the highlight of the game. next thing u know, you'd end up confronting big, big bosses , like all good rpgs do!

The music is the best i've heard that i got myself an original soundtrack (3cd) that is one of my priced treasure. I used to put it on most of the time; but hearing the same music over and over again, the taste becomes sour. every now n then is ok.

Chrono cross indeed in some way had an impact on my life. was it for the better? i don't know but i hope so. oh cmon on, u guys have your fave rpg that you look upon as an enriching experience rite? Chrono Cross is sooo good that i even got around playing the prequel, Chrono Trigger. Tho i didnt finish playing it, to me both shared the same spirit that is rare in an rpg.

So here it is...all the characters in Chrono Cross adorning my blog left and right. I got the individual chars images and editted them in photoshop so they look like one big happy family! there you have it, my tribute to Chrono Cross; the rpg that influenced my life! haha!

No comments: