10 August 2016

My Take on the PS Plus August 2016 Offers

Gone Home: Console Edition
I've already played this on Steam so I'm skipping this one. Will probably play this again if it suits my fancy. You could say this is one of the popular walking simulators out there. What's unique is the contemporary 80's settings prevalent throughout the house you're exploring. You could find VHS, mix tapes and notes left by the inhabitants that really convey the sense of that time period. The story unfolds bit by bit when reading the notes and it's a touching one between siblings at that.

Tricky Towers
It's a balancing game (of which there are few of that kind on the net) but with Tetris blocks. Nuff said. I've played it and its quite tough to be honest. Most physics-based games are since they're finicky at best. Probably need to have a few more rounds with it to get comfortable. (Update 15 Sept 2016): Played this recently with other players online and it's wildly addicting! Saved a couple of videos and will upload them here later. There's a leveling system here with higher ranking = better player title.



Ultratron
Twin stick shooter, with a progressive perk leveling. Bright neon-colored arena pulsing with rhythmic techno soundtrack. Its a delightful fast-paced quickie game that manage to satisfy rounds after rounds ...until you meet your doom. Then you can let out a sigh of relief after busting through so many levels. Another go perhaps?











Patapon 3
I've only ever played the first Patapon on the PSP and I can't wait to play this one...once I cleared up some space on the Vita. Patapon for me was a refreshing experience much like Loco Roco. The styles and gameplay is wholely unique and I think only Japanese games developer could churn out this kind of game. I don't know what new features are added in Patapon 3 since then, but I'll happily give it a go and be glad that I did it.

No comments: