19 April 2004

The day I didn't win the Nokia N-gage

Man...it was cool! Wish you guys were there to support me...I was in my area of expertise and i'm pretty glad i ended where i was- 2nd place! The recent PC fair was held on the 16th till 18th. I went there everyday, the first day was to scout around, maybe if i could find the steering wheel that i wanted. Hmph! There's really not much of a choice, in fact it was pathetic. And you call this a PC fair, bah! And the ones i could find was more pricey than that at Low Yatt's. Hopeless!

The next day I went with my frenz, Efendy and Nik. The Gamers.com.my booth really had my attention. The games on display were Battlefield Vietnam and Fung Wan Online. Those two played great on their power-packed PCs. It looked and played great. Wish i had one of those systems. Oh yeah...i entered the Nokia N-gage Pandemonium competition. The rule's simple really. You have to race from start to finish, so no collecting rings or killing baddies or anything. Focus on moving along. A platform game. Dead simple. And the first place prize? The mighty fine Nokia N-gage of coz. That day i went up against a chinese guy and kicked his sorry butt out of the game! Ha!

The final day of PC fair was the finals. I had beaten 2 more contestants before progressing to the finals! It felt great! The final round was hard; there were 3 rounds. Whoever gets the 2 round wins. The first round this chinese guy wins. Alright no matter. The next one, i win bebeh! But this last round was a complete dunno to me. I don't think it was a race at all. It was like you have to kill the bad boss in the middle of the screen. I just kept on running, even passed the chinese guy. I thought i was on the winning streak, but otherwise. I guess you were suppose to find a way, a trick, into defeating the bad boss and he got to it first. That was a total complete bad news. THe guys in charge of the competition didnt even tell me what i was going to expect. So... there you have it, 2nd place. Man...I think the chinese guy must've played the game before, even a pro at it, bcoz he seems to know where to go. And he seems to be in terms with the guys handling the tournament. I bet he must've been someone's family. Drat! 2nd place doesn't get me an N-gage. I was really looking to get a new handphone, coz my sis had a new one. I got meself an optical mouse and a new Malaysian Gaming magazine, it's first issue. Only RM5.50! Great.

At least i tried my best, i believe it to be my best. Platform games are a synch to me really. I have played Sonic the Hedgehog and tons of other platform games and I excel at it. My family knows i'm deep into this gaming thing. My dad even encouraged me to win. He reminded me who else played Pacman at the age of 4 other than me. It was really an inspiration for me. And the night before the finals i saw the Last Samurai with me dad. A great movie, really an epic. That was my other source for inspiration, the movie. Honor. Ha! Great stuff.

The N-gage would've been in my hands now...Todays title would've been different. Ha, forget it man...But i did try my best though. At least i got my picture taken. Check out the coming issue of Shoppers Computimes. I think it will be published there. Great fun. The intensity and all. Just what i need every now and again!